Monday, May 17, 2010

In You I find my Home

Amelia Camile Solmerin


Never thought this is possible Lord
that as tears are streaming down
my heart is smiling
for now I finally celebrate
with conviction
I am your beloved

The events in my life maybe hurtful
even scary Lord
My heart maybe reasonable frustrated

Left on my own
I would have long
fallen apart, torn to pieces
ending up worthless

Yet as I lay crying in my bed
You gently lull me to sleep
Each morning you nudge me back
to my senses

I have all the reasons
to stay in bed
wallowing in pain
file my complaints

Yet each new day
You send me persons
so much more wounded
than I am
reminding me it is for
love that You meant that life to be

In my weaknesses, You strengthen me
In my brokenness, You mend me
In my emptiness, You fill me
with tremendous love
beyond human measure

The nagging pain inside is grace
for my bruised heart
my wounded spirit
lead me to stretch out my hand
and receive your embrace

I will stumble and fall
but You who formed in
my mother's womb
enfused my veins
with love

My broken heart
throbs for you
My Eternal home
Amen