Friday, February 12, 2010

ASH WEDNESDAY 2010



ASH WEDNESDAY
17 February 2010

The cross of ashes on my forehead…

A simple reminder to me about who I am.

It tells me that I am dust; I am nothing on my own

and into dust I will return.

This cross reminds me that I deserve to be labeled as such

– worn to dust and dirt.

If only for a day or until the ashes fade,

I carry this label on my forehead,

Remembering WHO I AM

that I am weak, fragile and capable of being lost in sin,

even great sin, and I need to be saved.

The cross of ashes on my forehead…

A simple reminder to me about whose I am.

It reminds me that I am precious,

Marked by a God so good, no one could touch me.

I may be nothing on my own by I can be everything with God.

I carry this mark which tells me that

I have the mark of God.

I was made by Him, I came from Him

And To Him I shall return.